The Product Owner is responsible for enabling high quality business analytics solutions in an Agile context that deliver valued business outcomes and informed decisions for device protection key stakeholders. The product owner works with delivery team to facilitate clear and open communication between business stakeholders, developers and chair key agile ceremonies to ensure our solutions drive business outcomes. The product owner is also expected to have leadership skills to drive the delivery team towards the desired business benefits.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality business analytics solutions for device protection key stakeholders
- Engage with end users and subject matter experts to identify, develop, document, validate and endorse product requirements, demonstrating Agile behaviours that emphasises collaboration, delivery, reflection and improvement and deliver internal training for new features to team members and end users by identifying needs, preparing materials and delivery as needed
- Consult with the business and other product owners to prioritise and shape the product backlog, using Agile practices for prioritisation around business value
- Work with product managers and initiative owners to develop business cases, as required
- Be responsible for providing multi-disciplinary teams with user stories and coaching to define the business driven acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Proactively support the uplift of Agile practices and foster a culture of continual service improvement
- Consult with and advise product managers when defining product release content and timeline, applying product development principles, innovative thinking and a focus around the customer or user experience
- Assist with the elaboration of the user stories and requirements, supporting team members with their work where required
- Participate in and facilitate relevant Agile ceremonies and rituals: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-up, Iteration / Release Planning, Showcases / Sprint Review, Retrospective
- Participate in the creation of low or high-fidelity prototypes
- Represent the product vision to the team
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
- At least 5+ years of experience working in Agile teams as a business analyst or product owner
- Expert written and verbal business communication skills
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge is required
- Agile certification (Product Owner or Scrum Master)
- Knowledge of SOA, SaaS and/or PaaS
- Insurance knowledge is a plus.